Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sisterhood of the Traveling Blog Week 4 Featuring Sherrie Henry

I am pleased to welcome Sherrie to my blog. I want to take a moment to say, I think Sherrie is a very talented writer. I've had the pleasure of sharing a few writing experiences with Sherrie a couple years ago and she most definitely left an imprint on me. I've just recently Beta read her story, Wolfs Bane, and I'm a huge fan of wolves and her characters were very good. It's a cute short story that I'm honored to have been able to read.

So with out further delay....Please welcome, Sherrie!!

Question of the week – What inspires you to write?

I actually don’t need inspiration as such; I’ve been driven to tell stories almost my entire life. Part of it comes from being an only child for the first six years of my life and living about in the middle of no where. I had to make up my friends and use my imagination to create imaginary play dates. I didn’t actually start writing my ‘imaginings’ until I was in college, taking creative writing.


I found inspiration from everywhere and everyone, nothing was off-limits. I could people-watch for an afternoon, making up stories about perfect strangers based on what they were wearing, what group they were in (or if they were alone) or even what they were doing.

These days, I find myself finding my stories in my dreams. I can usually remember my dreams, or at least a small part of one and that little germ of a story can blossom into a full novella or heck, even novel. Discussions with other authors and readers can also give me an idea for a story and once that idea takes hold, it usually won’t let me go.

I’ve got at least a dozen main characters clamoring in my head right now, all wanting their story told. They all want to be heard and goddess-willing, I’ll get to each of them in time. 

 Check out Sherrie's short stories in Evernight Vol 1 and Evernight Vol 2. She also has a stand alone, Twenty-Four Hours that I gave 5 stars! 



Catch my blog on Stacy's Site 

Other Blog Hop Members


 

No comments:

Post a Comment