Friday, November 22, 2013

Movie Review: Hunger Games - Catching Fire

Title: Hunger Games - Catching Fire
Creator: Marvel
Genre: Movie – Action, Book Adaptation
Released: November 22, 2013
Staring:
Woody Harrelson, Josh Hutcherson, Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz and more...

Source: Date Night With The Hubby – Purchased Tickets
Blurb: 
 Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem.
Review:  

When I go into a movie I want one thing - memorable.This movie was deff memorable and a really good adaptation from the books. I know I haven't read them in a long time but I can't think of any 'significant' event that was left out. There of course were things that needed to be cut, I would have liked to have had more back story from the other tributes. When I read the book I envisioned something gore filled. This didn't have the gore I pictured. The violence, while it depicted what was done in the books quite well, could have been more bloody. 

The movie did fly by. At over two and a half hours long it felt like I sat down and then only an hour later I was standing up and leaving. It flew by, full of quick action. I loved that.

 I am really looking forward to the third movie. This one was better than the first and I have high expectations for the third.

Overall I give it a 4 star review. I wasn't blown away but I deff will consider purchasing this DVD to watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment