Saturday, May 31, 2014

Movie Review - X-Men: Days of Future Past


What's it about ....
The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in an epic battle that must change the past - to save our future. The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants.

Review
WOW ... More like a Holy Shit WOW!

Okay so for those of you who follow my blog you know that I am not shy about confessing my undying love for Hugh Jackman. I mean SERIOUSLY LOVE HIM. And I think I actually purred out loud a time or two in this movie. Because he was hot. I mean like the HAWT you write home about and read in romance novels. I realize I am digressing before I even begin the review haha. Sorry, but he was amazing!

Anywho ... As most of you know I love the super hero world but I am not a 'comic super hero' girl so each and every time I watch these movies I am always surprised by what happens. The endings are never ruined for me, each character is brand new in that moment to me ... and I love it that way.

This will be my most favorite movie of the year. I am 99% sure of it. I left the theater crying. Seriously. 

So the movie starts out with the mutants being attacked and wiped out by the human machines that were created to destroy the enemy. AKA The Mutants. So Professor X and Magnito have to devise a plan and end up sending Logan (AKA my dream hubby) back into time to save the world.

I turned to my husband and said (yes in the theaters but it was a whisper) "Ohh so this is really going to be a Logan movie!" Yes I get so giddy over him. Hush, you know you do too!


Anyway .... He goes back in time and does his stuff. But the first scene where he is back in 1973 had me drooling. Here, let me show you a photo, or two, or ten, lol.



 Whoa Momma!



Ohh those abs....





But isn't he just gorgeous? Seriously!






I seriously purred here!






Moving on ... I think the plot/script was amazing. It all flowed perfectly. The cinematography was very impressive. The acting was top notch. 

I cried in two different parts. First when Young Professor X had a scene with Older Professor X. And I couldn't help thinking "Oh My God I have been in the same room as Captain Picard!" I know I know, super dork I am!

Then when Logan woke up from the past, immediately I knew what was about to happen and the tears just poured out of me. It was the most emotional feeling I have had in a movie when it didn't involve any character dying off or what not. My hubby looked at me smiling, I was like *sniffles* No I am NOT crying *wiping away tears*. 

I wish I could tell more but I can't. It would ruin it for you.

If you love X-Men, Superheros or Marvel then go see this movie. There is nothing that you will regret by spending 130 minutes enjoying Hugh Jackman and the rest of the cast.



No comments:

Post a Comment