Friday, July 11, 2014

Gluten Free Friday Homemade Recipe - #1 Waffles

Part of the fun of my Gluten Free Adventure is learning to make new recipes and sharing them. I love cooking, I always have. It is one form of my stress relief.  So I am starting something new on Friday's since people have been asking me what the recipes are that I cook with for my Gluten Free lifestyle. So each week, or every couple weeks depending on how many I come up with, I am going to post a new homemade recipe with photos.

I hope you share your photos and adventures too if you do use any of these recipes!

Onto the first one ... Waffles!


One thing that I really was missing giving up bread was the occasional pancake or waffle. So I went out on a journey to mix and match ingredients I have known were in these mixes until I found the combination I can live with.

Here is what goes into my concoction ... Remember, ALL of these items are Gluten Free and/or Organic!!!

2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of Milk
Teaspoon of Baking Soda
.5 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Cup Flour
Tablespoon of Vanilla
Teaspoon of Cinnamon

Mix these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and you want to make sure it is a smooth consistency. You don't want any lumps causing there to be random pockets of uncooked flour inside your food, YUCK!

This yields 4 waffles in a standard waffle maker.

Put on some butter and maple syrup and you are good to go.

This waffle turned out okay. On a scale of 1-5 I give it a 3.5. There is always room for improvement and maybe someone out there reading this will come up with something that I can tweek to give this the extra oomph that it needs.

Enjoy and Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment