Friday, July 25, 2014

Gluten Free Friday Homemade Recipe - #3 Chicken Pot Pie

Now I will confess, I have only ate this once or twice in my life but I have always wanted to make it. I don't eat it in restaurants because I never know what is going to be on the inside. So after toying with things I decided why not make it at home, I mean how hard can it be right? haha...very time consuming!

So here is what I did .... (As always, all ingredients are Gluten Free and/or Organic)

Turn the oven to 350 degrees and let it heat up . Put a stick of butter in your pan and put it in the oven during this processing.

Chop up into tiny bits:
1 Stalk of Celery
1 Stick of Carrots
1 Head of Broccoli
1 Stalk of Green Onion

Boil 4 chicken breast in water and once they are fully cooked, chop them up

Remove corn from 1 ear and include in the above mixture. Make sure you mix everything together so it isn't all clumped into 'like' items.

In a separate dish combine:

1 1/3 Cups of Flour
1/3 Cups of Gluten Free Baking Seasoning
1/3 Cup of Sugar
1 1/3 Cups of Milk

Remove the pan and make sure the stick of butter is fully melted.

Pour 1/3 cup of the liquid mixture into the baking dish.

Pour the veggies and chicken into the baking dish evenly.

Pour the remaining liquid mixture on top of the veggies and chicken. Make sure all of it is evenly distributed.

Be careful, the baking dish is hot!

Put into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.

This yields about 6-8 servings.

Overall I rate this a 4.5 Stars out of 5!

Nutrition Facts brought to you by All The Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment