Friday, April 17, 2015

Gluten Free Friday Home Made Recipe #13: Bread Loaf


This actually turned out a lot better than I had expected it too. Especially since I was using the quinoa flour. Remember, most of the time I am getting these gluten free recipes from somewhere else and tweeking them to what my husband and I have available and like.

I've actually used this loaf and made garlic bread out of a few slices. That added some extra nice flavor to it.

This still had a touch of an issue with crumbling. But I often find most home made bread I've made (in the bread machine) crumbles some. So I am not sure if that was my error or the nature of the beast.

Now I don't have an oven cooking time since I used the Basic Function on my Bread Machine and it cooked it for 3 hours and 20 minutes. I doubt that's how long you would cook it in an oven.

I mixed wet ingredients first and then added dry ones second inside the bread machine container.

Good Luck and as always, Happy Eating!

As always all products are organic and gluten free

(If you need the method to create the flour used in this recipe please see blog post here)

Wet Ingredients

3 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of hemp milk.

Dry Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of quinoa flour
1 1/2 cups of wild rice flour
1/3 cups of pure cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 tablespoon of yeast (although I don't think this actually did anything, as this didn't rise)

In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients and once properly blended pour into the bread maker container.

In a different bowl combine the flour and mix together. Then add the salt, sugar and yeast. Thoroughly mix together and then pour into the bread maker container.

With a rubber spatula mix the wet and dry ingredients together in the container.

Pres start on the bread maker, cook on the 'basic' function.

Overall this was about a 3.5 out of 5 star bread loaf!


No comments:

Post a Comment