Wednesday, December 21, 2016

When You Ignore The Signs ...

As long as I can remember I have hated, HATED ants. The little black or red creatures that take over your back yard serve no purpose to me. I am sure someone in the environmentalist group would be able to explain how the ant's eco system is helpful to the greater good but frankly I won't care. I hate ants.

When you are in middle school and your mother almost dies because she was bitten by ants ... it kinda leaves an impact on you.

Ants equal danger and death.

And thus a phobia is formed.

Fast forward two decades to the grown woman who maintains a household and a job and also writes on the side, a woman who is smart and capable. And still desperately scared of ants.

So after a long fought battle with these little red creatures I think it is time to say I give up. Maybe this is God's way of telling me something. Telling me that I need to do something in life involving ants.

Which to me means only one thing ... a story about them.

Now this leaves something to question since there is the whole "Ant Man" issue that Marvel has already. So what do I do? I am not sure yet but you better be ready for me to find out. Who knows it could be the next big science fiction hit in the book world.

So what are your thoughts on ants? Do you love them or hate them? Do you know WHY they exist other than to torment me? I am open to suggestions ... just so long as people stop calling me the Ant Queen ... that is one title I do not want.


No comments:

Post a Comment