Friday, January 6, 2017

Review: The Queen's Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler


 

Title: The Queen's POisoner
Author: Jeff Wheeler
Source: Amazon

Blurb:

King Severn Argentine’s fearsome reputation precedes him: usurper of the throne, killer of rightful heirs, ruthless punisher of traitors. Attempting to depose him, the Duke of Kiskaddon gambles…and loses. Now the duke must atone by handing over his young son, Owen, as the king’s hostage. And should his loyalty falter again, the boy will pay with his life.
Seeking allies and eluding Severn’s spies, Owen learns to survive in the court of Kingfountain. But when new evidence of his father’s betrayal threatens to seal his fate, Owen must win the vengeful king’s favor by proving his worth—through extraordinary means. And only one person can aid his desperate cause: a mysterious woman, dwelling in secrecy, who truly wields power over life, death, and destiny.

Review:

Wow this was such a good book. What a great way to start the year off reading. This book was quite engaging. I couldn't put it down. It was by far one of the best ones I have read in a few years. I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I wish that it wouldn't have ended so quickly. But luckily there is a second book.

I am not quite sure what this would be categorized as a type of book. I think it may be fantasy but it kind of had a mystery feel to it too. Which was great.

I hope book two is just as good.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something new to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment