Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Count Down Has Begun ... NaNo! Maverick Touch #2 Here We Go!


It's that time of year that writers love - that month were everything your heart and mind can focus on are devoted to one thing and one thing only .... WRITING!

This will be my third attempt. In 2011 I tried to write a story and literally nothing came of it. I can't even remember what the hell it was I was going to write about. In 2012 I was doing SO good. Then I got sick for two weeks and bammm. I had 30,000 words by week two and then nothing. Took me exactly 6 weeks and 6 days to finish Maverick Touch: The Cat. So what am I tackling this year in NaNo? Maverick Touch #2. This year I AM going to finish. Come hell or high water. Even if I have to bleed the words into my computer I WILL WIN!

So why am I doing Maverick Touch # 2? Well, I think, if I can manage, I'd like Nadia and Mr. A to be my November tradition. I have really loved all the feedback I have gotten on the first book and I can't wait to see where the second one goes. 

What's to be expected in the sequel? All I got at the moment is Nadia, Anabella and Mr. A are going to Houston. Why Houston? Because my husband said "Bring Nadia to Houston, it will be easier to write about a city you know." I sure as hell hope he is right!

Just like the first book I am planning on doing zero planning. I want this body of fiction to grow organically. I am also going to be doing something a tad bit different. I am going to be posting my unedited - updates to Smashwords so people can follow along with me if they want too. I always thrive having reader feedback while I'm writing so I thought this time I would branch out beyond my immediate beta circle.

So all you NaNo writers out there, if you want to add me then my name is tigerlady52.

Actually I think my happiest part about this NaNo is that my good friend Jennifer from College (one of my longest friendships) is going to be participating in NaNo this year with me in an attempt to write her first novel. I'm so thrilled to be doing this with one of my close friends.

Alright - Let's Do This! Mr A and Nadia are ready to come out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment