Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Goals - A New Year, A New Me

Hello there blogging world. It has been a while since I wrote any of my fun "Ashley Randomness" but I am feeling some randomness today and felt the need to write about it.

2016 came and went so quickly that I wasn't even sure all 365 days were full of experiences that I remember. I do know that I surpassed my goal of 80 books read in 2016. But I failed miserably at posting reviews. But honestly that was the only true "goal" that I had. So I guess that means I batted 100% for my 2016 goals.

And that feels kinda lame ....

So for 2017 I am going to work harder. I am going to plan goals and achieve more than one thing. And here they are .... in no particular order.


  • I will finish writing two books - one taking place during Nano
  • I will read 100 books and post 80 reviews
  • I will home cook 5 out of 7 dinners each week for my family
  • I will yell less at my kiddos ... or at least yell softer ...
  • I will let go of more small things and not dwell on the past
  • I will write at least one blog a week
  • I will find more 'me' time each week that way I can rejuvenate better
  • I will stick to my healthy living life style and have no more than 1 cheat day a week, at most.
  • I will have all Christmas presents bought and wrapped by Dec 1 this year
  • I will save at least 200/month from my paychecks to put into savings
  • I will find a way to be grateful for something each day
  • I will do something each month to give back and help someone other than my family
Some of those are easy and some not so much. Since we got the two kids my 'me' time has been pretty non-existent unless I'm on the brink of exploding and let's not even begin talking about writing time ... what is that? Yeah ... doens't exist. 

The cooking I do for the most part already but putting something in writing holds you more accountable.

This year, 2017, I am not only going to be gluten free but the whole fam is going to attempt processed sugar free as well. Yes that does sound like hell but apparently it will help our health like crazy so it's worth it right?

What are some of the goals that you have? I am sure everyone has some kind of goal.

I don't want to call it a "New Years Resolution" because that's not what I think my goals are. I think they are life style choices/changes and not just because it is a new year but because it is the right thing to do.

Good luck to everyone out there who is following their goals with me. Let's be a good support for one another.

And remember ... I posted at the end of 2016 that anyone who comments on an "Ashley Randomness" blog with their email address will receive a free book from my collection of stories up to 5 per year. So don't forget to post!

(This is me and my daughter Sierra ... Finishing some mother daughter time )

No comments:

Post a Comment