Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hi Ho Hi Ho Back to work we go ...

When that alarm goes off at 4:15 in the morning you know you immediately regret that the vacation is over. That is exactly how I felt this morning when it was time to wake up. Last week I was feeling ready to go back to work because let's face it, for mothers, work is an escape!

Now as I am facing down the 45 min drive and the long day of working on spreadsheets and emails I am starting to feel that dread... no vacation can't be over!

The only plus side is I already have 4 books downloaded to start/finish reading this week, remember I have to get at least 2 books read each week to meet my goal of 100 books.

I am reading two at a time right now and I am really enjoying both of them. Hopefully I will have one done by tomorrow so I can post a review. I really want to get that 80 reviews a year done too.

Last night we had our last family meal of the vacation and mhmm it was good. Steak, baked potato, and spinach salad. The family is starting day 3 of the gluten free (not new) processed sugar free life style. Ugh that headache that comes with it really really is a killer.

There is nothing quite as annoying as knowing just picking up a Dr Pepper would cure the headache but push you back at least two days in your new life style. Note I say life style not diet because it isn't a diet it is a new life choice, a change in the norm.

What kind of books are you planning on reading this year?

I love a good mystery but I think I am going to keep up my trend of an eclectic sort of stories.

I am currently reading a cozy mystery, a fiction novel and then i am not quite sure what i would classify this other story as, possibly fantasy.

I love all good books!

Alright so think this is enough rambling for the moment ... after all it is now time to wake the kiddos up and do the mom thing. Gotta get them off to school and then onto work for myself.

Life as a working mom never ends. And it is by far the best experience / job in the world.

Don't forget, leave a comment with your email and you will end up with a free ebook in your inbox for the "Ashley Randomness" posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment