Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Review: First Rapture

18593836Title: First Rapture
Author: Alexandra Ivy
Genre: Short Story, Erotic Romance
Published: September 28th 2013

Source: The author gave me this copy for an honest review 

Purchase First Rapture (The Rapture Series)
 
Blurb

Madison Philips has only one reason to return to Las Vegas: Luc Angeli. The tall, dark bad boy took her virginity on her eighteenth birthday and then walked away, now she’s back, and ready for revenge. Luc Angeli spent his youth trying to earn the approval of his philandering father. Now he’s his own man, but there’s still something missing from his life. He doesn’t know what it is until he catches sight of Madison across a balcony. Suddenly he knows this woman is what he’s been searching for, and this time he’s not walking away.
Approximately: 20,000 words

 Review

There is something about the way Ivy writes that pulls me in and keeps me enthralled. Her technique has me wanting to finish the books she writes and make me want to explore others that she has written that I haven't read yet.

This book was no exception. It had two main characters that I could identify with and that I enjoyed. The only thing that I felt I was left wanting is the end felt rushed. There was the build up and suspense on the two's drama and then bam it was resolved. I'd have liked to had that drawn out a bit more.

Overall - I would say this short story was a deff winner and very enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment