Sunday, November 10, 2013

Movie Review: Thor The Dark World - My Random Toughts



Title: Thor The Dark World
Creator: Marvel
Genre: Movie – Action, Comic
Released: November 8, 2013
Staring: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, and Rene Russo


Source: Date Night With The Hubby – Purchased Tickets

Blurb: Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Review: Thor is God…haha no, I mean, Chris Hemsworth is god-like. I am very unsure where to start. I’m afraid that if I just say what I feel/think I’ll end up leaving spoilers so beware … this may contain spoilers.

I’ll be honest when I say the ‘super hero’ movies have me leery lately. Superman was a bust and the Avengers didn’t knock my socks off. So when I was told we were going to see Thor for our date night I was hoping to just see a good shot of Mr. God-Like Hemsworth mostly cloths less.

I am very happy to say that Marvel has once again made a fantastic movie. They had everything that you needed, and then some. I am still unsure which part was my favorite. There was quite a lot of banter that produced some great one lines from the cast. The chemistry was there with all of the cast members. I laughed, I cried, I screamed and I mourned.

I’m not sure which character’s death struck me as most shocking. One of the deaths I reached over and grabbed my husband’s hand and said “NO!”

The most comical part of the movie and one of my favorite moments was the cameo by Captain America. I was cracking up laughing during that scene. I loved the scene at the end where Thor shows up and just grabs the girl and kisses her. Such passion. What every woman wants in a man.

Unrelated but one of the most shocking moments of the night when I realized that Stellan Skarsgard AKA Dr. Erik Selvig is Alexander Skarsgard’s father. That floored me. Glad I was sitting down for that one.

Now, the biggest shocker of them all for me would be Zachary Levi. Had my hubby not told me that was “Chuck” I’d have never known until the credits. He was fantastic. Loved him.

The brother dynamic between Thor and Loki was heartbreaking and yet, wonderful. You watch them come full circle together and their story line twists really shocked me. I didn’t see it coming the way it happened. I was almost in tears at one point of it.

All in all this gets a 5 Star review because there wasn’t any movie in 2013 that was better than Thor The Dark World in this authors opinion. I really can’t wait to see where they go with the next installment of this series.

Favorite lines from the movie:
Loki: I was born to be king! It is my birthright!
Odin: Your birthright was to die! If I hadn't taken you in, you would not now be here to hate me.

Loki: [to Thor] This is so unlike you, brother. So... clandestine.

Loki: [tries to steer the boat into a tiny crevice in the mountain wall] If it were easy, everyone would do it.
Thor: Are you mad?
Loki: Possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment