Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Title: Outlander
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Source: Purchased from Amazon
Purchase Link AMAZON

Blurb

The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon--when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach--an "outlander"--in a Scotland torn by war and raiding Highland clans in the year of Our Lord...1743.

Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into intrigues and dangers that may threaten her life...and shatter her heart. For here she meets James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, and becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.


Review

I am really not sure where to start with this book. It was extremely hard for me to read. It felt like it went on and on, and so much of it felt like it was not pointless but not needed.

The writing quality was really good but it didn't help me overcome my issues of the story itself.

While the 'plot' wasn't believable in the realm of 'could really happen' it was a very believable plot line. I did like that part of the novel. I wish it was just half the size than it was.

I wanted to like it. I really did. My husband loves it and I wanted to enjoy it with him.

I am going to read book two, but, only because my husband is a fan of it. Not because I just have to know what happens with Claire and Jamie.

Overall this is a 3 star book to me. I'm sorry I couldn't give it more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment