Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Off to Galveston We Go...


See that, the victory kiss I received after I won the Putt-Putt challenge today. Often times life is so hectic and full of chaos that you don't stop and enjoy the small things in life. Today, the hubby and I did just that, enjoyed each other and had a blast.

One thing that I enjoyed, even more than winning this mornings fun game, was walking along the beach. There is nothing that tops that, the sand under your feet, the sun on your skin and the love of your life walking along side you.

The water was extremely cold today, the hubby forced me to set foot into it. Even as far as waist high it was still freezing and I wasn't ever as thankful as I was today to rush out of the water and let the rays of sun warm my skin.






This was taken when we were leaving. On the left, the hubs, on the right mine. Sighs, forever I will have such a small foot.

Next time we head to Galveston I want to take my pups with us. I think Doogie would really enjoy it, and Toto may, I'm unsure on how he will react to all of the water.

When we were driving out we went past this dolphin statue. It was very pretty, this photo doesn't do it justice. This was just one of the many things we saw today while basking at the sea.





And last but not least, there is the great ocean herself. My legs are killing me by the way, walking against the undertoe/current while we were playing out in the sea. It makes me remember my first time visiting the shores of Galveston. I think I was about seven or eight. The oil spill had recently happened in the gulf and we all came out of the water with tar on us. I remember my dad taking us to a station to clean off. While there isn't tar still on the beaches of Galveston it is kind of wild remembering how things looked and were back then and seeing them today.


No comments:

Post a Comment