Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Reviews: Styxx

Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)Title: Styxx (Dark-Hunter #23)


Author:  Sherrilyn Kenyon

Genre: Romance, Paranormal
Published: September 3rd, 2013

Purchase Styxx (Dark-Hunter Novels)

Source:I purchased this book from Amazon

Blurb:
Centuries ago Acheron saved the human race by imprisoning an ancient evil bent on absolute destruction. Now that evil has been unleashed and it is out for revenge.

As the twin to Acheron, Styxx hasn’t always been on his brother’s side. They’ve spent more centuries going at each other’s throats than protecting their backs. Now Styxx has a chance to prove his loyalty to his brother, but only if he’s willing to trade his life and future for Acheron’s.

The Atlantean goddess of Wrath and Misery, Bethany was born to right wrongs. But it was never a task she relished. Until now. She owes Acheron a debt that she vows to repay, no matter what it takes. He will join their fellow gods in hell and nothing is going to stop her.

But things are never what they seem, and Acheron is no longer the last of his line. Styxx and Acheron must put aside their past and learn to trust each other or more will suffer.

Yet it’s hard to risk your own life for someone who once tried to take yours, even when it's your own twin, and when loyalties are skewed and no one can be trusted, not even yourself, how do you find a way back from the darkness that wants to consume the entire world? One that wants to start by devouring your very soul?


Review:
First off I really loved this book. I loved her writing style and the way she put everything together. It's really a great feeling to pick up a book and have the desire to hold onto it and not put it down until each word is absorbed.

I loved Artie, loved loved loved Artie. LOVED Simi. I think those two stole the show for me. "Revenge is a Cat." Love it!!

The only reason I gave this a 4-star instead of 5 is because there were some Continuity issues I had along with the story line itself. I would have preferred that Styxx not be a poor me pity me type story line with all the same bad things that happened to Acheron happening to him. It would be better in my eyes if he had been a royal asshole and then redeemed himself.

Overall I think this was her best book to date when you consider this over 800 page massive beast being read in just under two days. I couldn't put it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment