Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Review: Captain's Paradise (Hagen Series #9) by Kay Hooper

Title:  Captain's Paradise (Hagen Series #9)



Author: Kay Hooper

Genre: Suspenseful Romance

Published: December 1, 1988

Source: Purchased this book on Amazon

Purchase the book on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo,

Blurb:
When Robin Stuart was plucked, drenched and shivering, from the stormy seas, she clung desperately to the arms that had reached for her - but had she escaped from one terror into another? She'd been too close to danger not to recognize it again in the savagely beautiful man who'd pulled her from the water. Michael Siran was tough, fearless, confident - and an expert at playing dangerous games, but from the moment the terrified siren with bewitching eyes grabbed him and held on tight, he was captured by something he could never let go. Michael trusted no one, but Robin insisted on sharing his mission, determined to prove herself by facing the demons that had always pursued her. Michael knew the odds were against them, but when the heat of Robin's need fed his own fire, a passion born in turmoil and fueled by peril made hedging his bets impossible...Could he make her understand that heroes are human, that her courage ran as deep as his love?

Review: 
Kay Hooper has always been one of my favorite authors. She usually snags my attention in the first chapter and this book was no exception. When I started this series I didn't know what to expect. I had picked up book nine of the series and haven't read any of the others in a while. So it was like diving into the series brand new.

Once again, I instantly fell in love with her writing. I always forget how much I enjoy the way she paints pictures and draws you into the story.

I was slightly disappointed with the last portion of the book. I realize when you walk into a book about romance you pick it up knowing that there is going to be 'love' inside of the book. The first part of the novel was so detailed and well laid out that this last portion was a bit disappointing. The 'love' between Michael and Robin seemed to flourish to quickly making it unbelievable in my eyes. I know there is the love at first sight or first weekend or in this case first traumatic event ... but I would have preferred them taking a moment, a week, hell even three days, to fall in love.

That being said, I still loved this book. It was a great read and one that I didn't want to stop once I picked it up. I read it during lunch, I listened to it on my way to and from work, I devoured it in all the free time I had. 

If you love Kay Hooper then you will like this book, because as always, she delivers the goods!

I rate this book 4.5 stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment